Friday, January 17, 2014

Learning and growing with iPads

All of 2nd grade has one to one iPads for this quarter, meaning that every student has an iPad.  We are only a week into it, and already the students have learned so much.  Today in Reading, I used an app called edmodo (the central hub for our classroom) to send out an assignment to the kids.  They opened and completed the assignment in an app called upad, then they sent it back to me in edmodo.  Of course, it took some of us more tries than others, but we all did it, and we cheered when everyone finished!! 




1 comment:

  1. The middle school where I teach went totally one to one with laptops beginning when school started back on January 8th. My class had the opportunity to "pilot" the laptops for 2 weeks before break, but once we sent them all home with the technology on the 8th, it was amazing all the things we can do. I've used edmodo for several years and made the switch to schoology (just because it's more "grown up" looking and has more options for documents and specifically for creating tests that schoology grades for me!). Edmodo is so cool, and I'm glad your class is getting the one to one experience. Our system started with middle school and is rolling it to high school next year and elementary school the following year. Enjoy the new technology! I'm enjoying exploring this new way of teaching with my classes, and enjoying the new perspective I see when my kids and I work together to learn the new software. We get so excited, too, when we all finally figure it out. - Beth Morley :)

    ReplyDelete